- October 18, 2016
- Not specified
- authentication api django-rest-framework
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Say you want to keep your API secure and thus it has authentication, but there's this one View action in a ViewSet which unlike the rest of the ViewSet's actions needs to allow free access without authentication.
This solution applies the good old
IsAuthenticated permission to all ViewSet actions except those defined in a
login_exempt_actions list. That's a list of the ViewSet action's names.
This is a simple solution for this particular problem, which I imagine could be quite common. Any case where the requirements are more complex should implement one of the DRF permissions extensions which allow for the use of logical operators.
NOTE: Remember that
request.user will be an
AnonymousUser instance, so be careful with any code which assumes it'll be a
User instance. This could be the case with, say, a custom
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
from rest_framework import permissions class LoginExemptPermission(permissions.BasePermission): """ Applies the DRF `IsAuthenticated` permission to all ViewSet actions except those defined in the ViewSet attribute `login_exempt_actions`. """ def has_permission(self, request, view): if view.action in view.login_exempt_actions: return True return permissions.IsAuthenticated().has_permission(request, view)
More like this
- Automatically setup raw_id_fields ForeignKey & OneToOneField by agusmakmun 6 months, 1 week ago
- Crispy Form by sourabhsinha396 7 months ago
- ReadOnlySelect by mkoistinen 7 months, 1 week ago
- Verify events sent to your webhook endpoints by santos22 8 months, 1 week ago
- Django Language Middleware by agusmakmun 8 months, 3 weeks ago