I use this as the FastCGI script for authorizers with lighttpd (though I guess it should work with little change on any other webserver supporting FastCGI). I point it to the same Django project/settings as the normal responder script.
As I use it to gate access to pages not served by Django, I can include those non-Django URLs in the main urls.py, connected to special authorizer view functions (in another snippet).
The two key parts of the script, compared to the equivalent one for Django in the normal FastCGI Responder role, are:
- Pass the FCGI_AUTHORIZER as the role to WSGIServer
- Generate a PATH_INFO variable from the REQUEST_URI (FastCGI authorizers aren't given PATH_INFO, but Django needs that to match against the URLconf.)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
#!/usr/bin/python import sys, os # Set the DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable. # Customise this for your setup os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = "djsite.settings" from django.core.handlers.wsgi import WSGIHandler main_handler = WSGIHandler() def wrapper(environ, start_response): """FastCGI Authorizers don't get PATH_INFO. Make one from REQUEST_URI so that Django can use it in URL matching.""" if not environ["PATH_INFO"]: # Fastcgi doesn't give you PATH_INFO for authorizers uri = environ['REQUEST_URI'] if '?' in uri: path, query = environ['REQUEST_URI'].split('?', 1) else: path, query = uri, '' environ['PATH_INFO'] = path return main_handler(environ, start_response) if __name__ == '__main__': from flup.server.fcgi import WSGIServer from flup.server.fcgi_base import FCGI_AUTHORIZER # Django normally uses the FCGI_RESPONDER role and will reject AUTHORIZER # requests. WSGIServer(wrapper, roles=(FCGI_AUTHORIZER,)).run()
More like this
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 1 month ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 2 months, 4 weeks ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 3 months, 1 week ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 3 months, 1 week ago