- June 28, 2009
- profanity disemvowel
- 0 (after 6 ratings)
A better way of dealing w/profanity - disemvowel it!
From Wikipedia, "disemvoweling is a technique used to censor unwanted postings such as spam, internet trolling, rudeness or criticism and yet maintain some transparency, both of the act and the underlying word." Credit: Boing Boing
This original sentence: In the fields of Internet discussion and forum moderation, disemvoweling (also spelled disemvowelling) is the removal of vowels from text. would be disemvowelled to look like this: n th flds f ntrnt dscssn nd frm mdrtn, dsmvwlng (ls splld dsmvwllng) s th rmvl f vwls frm txt.
body_input = form.cleaned_data["body"]
body_input = disemvowel_profanity(body_input)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
from django.conf import settings import re def disemvowel_profanity(value): for w in settings.PROFANITIES_LIST: if value.find(w)!=-1: value = value.replace(value, re.sub(r'[AEIOUYaeiouy]', '', value)) return value
More like this
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- Closest ORM models to a latitude/longitude point by simonw 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- Log the time taken to execute each DB query by kennyx46 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- django database snippet by ItsRLuo 1 month ago
- Serialize a model instance by chriswedgwood 2 months ago