This is a really simple snippet , but is not documented well ... Whit this , you can limit the output of one field in 25 characters before you test that is equal or over 30 characters! Note that the snippet cut the text and add three points at the end (...) Enjoy!
1 2 3 4 5
def limitfield (self,obj): if len(obj.field) < 30: return obj.field else: return obj.field[:26]+'...'
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 months, 1 week ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 7 months, 1 week ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 9 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 11 months, 2 weeks ago