Here's a signal handler to log a user in on registration activation. It took me an hour to figure out that I needed to put the user.backend in quotes and google wasn't being my friend.
from the django-registration documentation: How do I log a user in immediately after registration or activation? You can most likely do this simply by writing a function which listens for the appropriate signal; your function should set the backend attribute of the user to the correct authentication backend, and then call django.contrib.auth.login() to log the user in.
1 2 3 4
def login_on_activation(sender, user, request, **kwargs): user.backend='django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend' login(request,user) user_activated.connect(login_on_activation)
More like this
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 2 weeks, 4 days ago
- Python Django CRUD Example Tutorial by tuts_station 1 month ago
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 2 months, 2 weeks ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 2 months, 3 weeks ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 3 months ago