- January 24, 2012
- Not specified
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
If you inherit from ValidatedModel instead of from models.Model, then full_clean() will be called before save().
So, add validators to your field definitions, and all your fields will be validated before they go to the database.
The same thing can be accomplished with a pre_save signal, but the code is quite a bit messier than the simple inheritance above.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
class ValidatedModel(models.Model): def save(self, *args, **kwargs): self.full_clean() super(ValidatedModel, self).save(*args, **kwargs) class Meta: abstract = True
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 6 months ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 months, 2 weeks ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 7 months, 2 weeks ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 9 months, 3 weeks ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 11 months, 3 weeks ago