This is a bit of a hack, but as far as I can see currently the only way to specify a validation error that is specific to a field in form.clean().
I am aware of clean_<fieldname>, but those are difficult to use when the validation process for a field involves other fields as well, because the necessary data might at that point not be yet available in form.cleaned_data.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
def clean(self): try: # do validation here except ValidationError, e: if blame_field: self._errors[blame_field] = e.messages else: raise e
More like this
- LazyPrimaryKeyRelatedField by LLyaudet 1 week ago
- CacheInDictManager by LLyaudet 1 week ago
- MYSQL Full Text Expression by Bidaya0 1 week, 1 day ago
- Custom model manager chaining (Python 3 re-write) by Spotted1270 2 weeks ago
- Django Standard API Response Middleware for DRF for modern frontend easy usage by Denactive 1 month ago