- September 24, 2007
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Makes sure the value a user entered into a a text-based field is automatically trimmed during form cleaning / validation.
The 'field' parameter is expected to be a newforms.fields.Field instance.Only modifies str and unicode descending values, and passes everything else on untouched.
form = form_for_model(Person) make_trimming(form.fields['name'])
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
def make_trimming(field): def clean_hook(self, old_clean, value): result = old_clean(value) if isinstance(result, (str, unicode,)): result = result.strip() return result old_clean = field.clean import new field.clean = new.instancemethod( lambda self, value: clean_hook(self, old_clean, value), field, field.__class__)
More like this
- LazyPrimaryKeyRelatedField by LLyaudet 1 week ago
- CacheInDictManager by LLyaudet 1 week ago
- MYSQL Full Text Expression by Bidaya0 1 week, 1 day ago
- Custom model manager chaining (Python 3 re-write) by Spotted1270 2 weeks ago
- Django Standard API Response Middleware for DRF for modern frontend easy usage by Denactive 1 month ago