Since the decorators of your views are evaluated during parsing urls.py you have an 'chicken - egg' problem. The method reverse() can't be used since urls.py is not read.
This snippets evaluates reverse() lazy.
Django 1.4 (current trunk) has a lazy reverse.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
# file lazy.py from django.core import urlresolvers class lazy_string(object): def __init__(self, function, *args, **kwargs): self.function=function self.args=args self.kwargs=kwargs def __str__(self): if not hasattr(self, 'str'): self.str=self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs) return self.str def reverse(*args, **kwargs): return lazy_string(urlresolvers.reverse, *args, **kwargs)
More like this
- Django Settings Assignment Expressions aka Walrus Operator example by webology 1 week, 6 days ago
- codigo alto nivel by MrRocklion 2 months, 1 week ago
- Load template from specific app by Krzysiek555 3 months ago
- PostgreSQL JSON subqueries by dolamroth 3 months ago
- "Magic Link" Management Command by webology 8 months, 1 week ago