I needed a quick and dirty way to block a user from my site.
Just include this middleware class under the 'MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES' variable in your settings.py file.
Also include the variable BLOCKED_IPS = ('22.214.171.124',) variable, where the value is a tuple of IP addresses you want blocked from your site.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
""" simple middlware to block IP addresses via settings variable BLOCKED_IPS """ from django.conf import settings from django import http class BlockedIpMiddleware(object): def process_request(self, request): if request.META['REMOTE_ADDR'] in settings.BLOCKED_IPS: return http.HttpResponseForbidden('<h1>Forbidden</h1>') return None
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 3 months, 3 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 4 months, 1 week ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 5 months ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 7 months, 1 week ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 9 months, 2 weeks ago