- July 25, 2008
- newforms forms field modelform
- 6 (after 6 ratings)
I will change a model form widget attribute without define the complete field. Because many "meta" information are defined in the model (e.g. the help_text) and i don't want to repeat this.
I found a solution: Add/change the widget attribute in the init, see example code.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
from django import forms from django.contrib.auth.models import User class UserForm(forms.ModelForm): def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs): super(UserForm, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs) # change a widget attribute: self.fields['user_permissions'].widget.attrs["size"] = 5 class Meta: model = User
More like this
- Automatically setup raw_id_fields ForeignKey & OneToOneField by agusmakmun 5 months ago
- Crispy Form by sourabhsinha396 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- ReadOnlySelect by mkoistinen 6 months, 1 week ago
- Verify events sent to your webhook endpoints by santos22 7 months, 1 week ago
- Django Language Middleware by agusmakmun 7 months, 2 weeks ago