Here's a signal handler to log a user in on registration activation. It took me an hour to figure out that I needed to put the user.backend in quotes and google wasn't being my friend.
from the django-registration documentation: How do I log a user in immediately after registration or activation? You can most likely do this simply by writing a function which listens for the appropriate signal; your function should set the backend attribute of the user to the correct authentication backend, and then call django.contrib.auth.login() to log the user in.
1 2 3 4
def login_on_activation(sender, user, request, **kwargs): user.backend='django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend' login(request,user) user_activated.connect(login_on_activation)
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 months, 1 week ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 7 months, 1 week ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 9 months, 2 weeks ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 11 months, 2 weeks ago