a snippet to split up settings or to reuse and modify settings
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
if u want to split ur settings.py or use custom settings per site lets say it looks like this: 'project/settings.py' just create a folder named 'settings'. create an '__init__.py' copy the content of 'settings.py' to '__init__.py' delete the ol' bastard named 'settings.py' now it should look like 'project/settings/__init__.py' if u want to put database settings in a seperate file. create 'db.py' in 'settings' ... 'project/settings/__init__.py' 'project/settings/db.py' and simply add this line to '__init__.py': 'from db import *' to resuse an existing 'settings.py' simply import it in ur custom 'settingsxXXX.py' with: 'from settings import *' test it with './manage.py runserver --settings settingsxXXX'
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 4 days, 13 hours ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Please login first before commenting.