I had to build unique strings for a payment system and i wanted to make them kindof friendly so i generated them with usernames and datetimes(safe enough uniqueness in combo), some usernames are long and they break the limit of this payment system so i thought i should cut the center of the string so it stills has a part of the username and a part of the datetime, the most changing part of the datetime is of course the last part, as microseconds vary rapidly. So i wrote this little function to cut the center of a string i thought it cute so i leave it here. Pay attention to the comment so you can see what is going on.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
def trim_center_of_string(string,max_size): ''' String: hellogoodbye max_size: 8 return hellbyes ''' if len(string) >= max_size: # lets trim the center our long string length = len(string) excess = len(string) - max_size left_imit = (length/2)-(excess/2) # hell|os&goodbyes right_limit = left_imit+excess # hellos&good|byes left_part = string[:left_imit] # hell| right_part = string[right_limit:-1]# |byes string = left_part+right_part # hellbyes return string
More like this
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 4 days, 14 hours ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 1 month ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 3 months ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 5 months, 1 week ago
- Month / Year SelectDateWidget based on django SelectDateWidget by pierreben 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Please login first before commenting.