- September 24, 2007
- 0 (after 0 ratings)
Makes sure the value a user entered into a a text-based field is automatically trimmed during form cleaning / validation.
The 'field' parameter is expected to be a newforms.fields.Field instance.Only modifies str and unicode descending values, and passes everything else on untouched.
form = form_for_model(Person) make_trimming(form.fields['name'])
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
def make_trimming(field): def clean_hook(self, old_clean, value): result = old_clean(value) if isinstance(result, (str, unicode,)): result = result.strip() return result old_clean = field.clean import new field.clean = new.instancemethod( lambda self, value: clean_hook(self, old_clean, value), field, field.__class__)
More like this
- Serializer factory with Django Rest Framework by julio 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- Image compression before saving the new model / work with JPG, PNG by Schleidens 6 months, 2 weeks ago
- Help text hyperlinks by sa2812 7 months, 1 week ago
- Stuff by NixonDash 9 months, 2 weeks ago
- Add custom fields to the built-in Group model by jmoppel 11 months, 3 weeks ago