This example shows how you can easily limit the objects in the admin by specifying which Manager the admin should use. I haven't seen this documented anywhere (perhaps I've missed it), but it's proven extremely useful to me.
The example here will limit objects to those that are attached to the current Site, but you can use any Manager you want (for example, a Manager that shows only published Articles).
Finally -- not that I'm suggesting this -- but you could combine this with the ThreadLocals trick to show only objects that have been created by that user.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
class Article(models.Model): site = models.ForeignKey(Site) title = models.CharField(max_length=100) body = models.TextField() pub_date = models.DateTimeField() class Admin: # In this example, the Admin's object list will show *only* Articles # which are related to the current Site. # However, you could specify any Manager you like: # manager = MyCustomManager() from django.contrib.sites.managers import CurrentSiteManager manager = CurrentSiteManager()
More like this
- Browser-native date input field by kytta 1 month, 1 week ago
- Generate and render HTML Table by LLyaudet 1 month, 2 weeks ago
- My firs Snippets by GutemaG 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- FileField having auto upload_to path by junaidmgithub 2 months, 4 weeks ago
- LazyPrimaryKeyRelatedField by LLyaudet 3 months ago